Sunday, January 26, 2014

Living

Life is good.And not just when things are going great. Not just when we are able to live out some amazing dream or have some spectacular experience. Life is good even when it’s awful because as often as we may have times of weakness or feelings of resignation, there will still be the remaining fact that we are all walking miracles.

We are living and breathing and capable of such beautiful and brilliant things. Sometimes I just stop and put my hand to my heart and feel its’ beat. I allow it to calm me as I reflect on all of the complex things that are currently happening in my body simply to maintain that beat.

Life isn’t always about achieving some incredible success or experiencing a million and one things. As much as those things can enhance our time on earth, there are still the small moments that should be focused on too: Spending time with family and friends, having positive and supportive people in our lives, drinking tea on a quiet sunny morning, singing at the top of your lungs, eating ice cream, hugging really tight, taking a walk or exercising; and realizing how incredibly lucky you are to have the physical capabilities to do these things because there are many many people who would give anything to be able to do what you are able to do on a daily basis.

I could go on but basically: Perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment